Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A little about me and this little bean....

I just realized that in my last post, I gave an update on everyone but me. Usually I could care less... but I guess for Journal purposes, some day I might want to look back and remember the little things about this pregnancy. I am now pushing close to 14 weeks. I think my little baby ticker is wrong, I need to fix that. The only complaint that I even have is the INSOMNIA!!! I didn't have that with my other pregnancies until the end. This one is throwing me for a loop! Its a little exhausting! Other than that, I have felt GREAT!!! I have had just a handful of yucky moments. I was really tired in the first 8-10 weeks, but soon after I got my energy back and life is great! I still don't have much of an appetite, which is NICE! I find that I eat less than my kids do during the day, AND THEY DON'T EAT! We all know that I am a DR. PEPPER addict! Well, much to my dismay....... the thought makes me want to VOMIT!!! Its been that way from about 7 weeks. Sprite and Code Red Mtn. Dew are the only things that can even stomach, and when I can, its just a few swallows. This is a bad thing? NO! I am actually quite glad. Yes, I am one who usually tries to cut back while preg, but still needs that PICK ME UP! So, maybe this is my time to QUIT FOREVER!! We will see!

I have felt little tiny flutters from time to time. Quite sure its the baby. This happens when I lay on my stomach, or sit crouched for a mintue. "STOP SQUISHING ME, MOM!"
I had a 4th ultrasound the other day. It was still a little too early to get a exact guess on the sex but the lady told me that she really thinks its a BOY! What? I have been so sure its a girl... and it still might be. They told me Hannah was a BOY at about 15 weeks too. So, I'm not saying its a BOY. The lady told me that she could be wrong because its still so early, but thats the guess at this point. I have been sooooo positive is a girl. In fact, if I had a MILLION dollars to bet (and I was a bettin' gal) I would put that MILLION out there that its a girl. I was pretty shocked that she even thinks its a boy. But now, the thought of a boy makes me really excited! I will be soooo thrilled either way!! We will find out in a few more weeks for sure.

When I was pregnant with m first miscarriage, and a few times after that, I have had the strongest impression that there is another little girl who needs to come to our family. Since I have been so sure that this baby is a girl, I just knew that we would be DONE after this one. I was really quite content with this decision. But now, thinking that this baby could really be a boy, I just know that we will do this again until that little girl comes.

Speaking of miscarriage... So back before I had Brady, we had a few really rough "trials" I guess. If anyone is reading this who doesn't know what I'm talking about CLICK HERE to read the story. I was diagnosed with a blood disorder called ANTI-PHOSPHOLIPID ANTI BODY syndrome. This was the cause of the miscarriages. With Brady I did the shots in my stomach, lots of hormone drugs, etc. Before I got pregnant with this one, I had all of the tests redone with a new dr. since I changed Dr's after moving. I just wanted all new numbers for a new dr. so we could make a game plan. Before I was pregnant, all blood work came back normal. No problems. I was a little concerned. After I found out I was pregnant, just as a precaution, I started the shots while they redid all of the blood work. They actually repeated it twice. All blood work is NORMAL! No problems at all. I stopped the shots, and everything is normal. On friday was the 4th time I got to see this little peanut, who really is not so little peanut anymore! He/She is a full on baby! It kept waving at us. So cute!

We are really excited! Boy, Girl, whichever we have will be SOOO GREAT! The kids are so excited. Hannah informed me that she will be the mom, and she will even get up with it in the night... OKAY BY ME!!! I'm so excited for both of them. It will be great!!

Thats all for now!

3 comments:

Cori White said...

Heya.. thanks for sharing.. how exciting to feel the baby. Thats my favorite.. we thought we were done a month ago too with having kids... but its amazing the Lord has his own plan :)
now we cant wait to be able to have another ( in 18 months or so)
boy girl.. either would be fun

Sudar Clan said...

Yay, so fun! I am convinced my baby is a boy, but I thought that Lily was too. We will see. It is so fun to see the baby on ultrasound, I have had too many this time. I can't wait to find out. I have a fun idea, call me and I will tell you, you would have fun with it too.

Natalie said...

Chels,
I am so excited for you! I'm just getting caught up one eveyone's blog and just read the news. You are such a cute mom :) We will be keeping you in our prayers.